Wednesday, February 9, 2011

D&D 4th Edition Coming to Consoles


I love the 4th Edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I know there are some old-school D&Ders who absolutely abhor it, but I think it's a fantastic evolution of the franchise. It brought me and my friends into the fold when D&D 3.5 seemed overly complex and unapproachable. So why am I excited for Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale?


It will be the first video game to use Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition. Sure, Cryptic Studios is also making Neverwinter, but I'm not too excited for that, considering Cryptic's track record so far (Both Champions Online and Star Trek Online  were disappointing overall). Even though Daggerdale developer, Bedlam Games, is a relative nobody, the game itself looks promising.

Anyone else remember Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance?

I'm a little nostalgic over the old-school hack-and-slash RPGs and Daggerdale looks very much to be in the vein of those games. The gameplay is described as hack-and-slash and has RPG elements such as choosing your race and class and selecting powers and feats when you level up. Daggerdale will also have co-op play, either with up to three friends online or with one locally.

Or Champions of Norrath?

Couple that old-school nostalgia with updated graphics and (hopefully) updated gameplay, add in some D&D flavoring, and it's a combination that I just cannot resist. Look for me in the Forgotten Realms. I probably won't be coming back for a while. Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale is coming to Xbox Live Arcade, Playstation Network, and PC later this year.

Here's the trailer:



And some screenshots:




1 comment:

  1. Blake Tan,

    You know that I don't know anything about Dungeons and Dragons. I just like reading your blog because the layout is so clean and beautiful.

    See you soon,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete