Thursday, October 6, 2011

Robin as a Playable Character in 'Arkham City'


If you're not excited for Batman: Arkham City, you should be. And if you've already decided to get it, then you should definitely preorder it -- At Best Buy. Normally, I like getting my games at GameStop or online (either through Steam, Amazon, or other more nefarious methods), but if you preorder Arkham City at Best Buy, you'll be able to play as Robin the Boy Wonder.

Read more and see the trailer of playable Robin after the jump.



Honestly, I may be more excited for this than I should be, but I've always really liked Robin. He's got that "young-I'll-one-day-be-a-badass-hero" vibe to him that I really connect with. And he was awesome in Teen Titans.

I'm not really sure which Robin we're dealing with here in Arkham City. I don't think he's Dick Grayson or Jason Todd, so he's probably Tim Drake. Of course, I might be wrong, but regardless getting the chance to play Robin in the sequel to the best Batman video game ever is a a not-to-be-missed opportunity.

Now I know Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be playing some sort of Gotham cop in The Dark Knight Rises, but I was really hoping they'd put him in the role of Robin (despite Christopher Nolan's denial of ever doing it). JGL would make a fantastic Robin and I'd love to see the character adapted for the gritty realism of Nolan's take on the franchise. Arkham City shows that this is indeed possible.


NOTE: This trailer was shown in the UK so the Robin deal is done through GameStop. If you want Robin in the States, you'll need to preoder through GameStop.

No comments:

Post a Comment